WSET Level I Course
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is the largest global provider of wine qualifications. The WSET Level I course will be delivered in a relaxed and informal way. We will endeavour to answer all your nagging wine questions such as “how is sweet wine made?”, while keeping you on track to earn a WSET I Certificate in Wines. By the end of the course, you will be able to taste wine using the WSET systematic approach and be able to identify the main styles of wine. You will learn the key principles of food and wine pairing and be armed with the tools to impress friends and colleagues at your next social!
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- The principles of food and wine pairings
- Tutored tasting of 6 wines
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level I Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Please see the Course Specification for more information